Ouch, etc.

OK, I saw this today and knew I had to share. I was wondering how long it would be before the fit hit the shan (pardon my French). Ouch.

But I can't very well post on just Tom Cruise and his vitamin crusade ... how "glib" (to use one of his favorite words).

I'm sitting at my home computer (a Mac to be precise), sipping riesling and quasi-watching (mostly listening) to "The Royal Tenenbaums" on our DVD drive. Not a bad way to spend a Thursday night. And I'm remembering a phone conversation with my sister yesterday, in which she recounted her recent college essay that drew comparisons between "Gulliver's Travels" and Jon Stewart. Who does that? She must be brilliant.

Typing isn't easy at the moment due to my injury. Did I mention that before? Don't think so. I guess you could say I got a little over-zealous with cutting the cabbage for our festive St. Paddy's Day meal (the things we do for the homeland). But I'm healing fast -- no worries.

Today I got Feng Shui-ed. I had to go to a class for work, and learned the ins and outs of the ancient Asian practice. I had to have the discernment to separate the practical from the, uh, UNpractical, but it was interesting. I like the idea of adding upward and flowing movement in a room, but I don't think I'll be giving a job to a rock any time soon (worker's comp is too outrageous for them anyway).

In the spirit of enlightenment, I took a "color personality test" online tonight. Here's the gist of what it told me. Tell me what you think:

* "Your Existing Situation -- Attracted by anything new, modern or intriguing. Liable to the bored by the humdrum, the ordinary or the traditional.
*• Your Stress Sources -- Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and to stand out from the herd. This desire for preeminence isolates her and inhibits her readiness to give herself freely. While she wants to surrender and let herself go, she regards this as a weakness that must be resisted. This self-restraint, she feels, will lift her above the rank and file and ensure recognition as a unique and distinctive personality.
* Your Restrained Characteristics -- Feels listless, hemmed in, and anxious; considers that circumstances and forcing her to restrain her desires. Wants to avoid open conflict with others and to have peace and quiet. Emotionally inhibited. Feels forced to compromise, making it difficult for her to form a stable emotional attachment.
* Your Desired Objective -- Wants to make a favorable impression and be regarded as a special personality. Is therefore constantly on the watch to see whether she is succeeding in this, and how others are reacting to this makes her feel she is in control. Uses tactics cleverly in order to obtain influence and special recognition. Susceptible to aestheticetic or original.
* Your Actual Problem -- Needs to be valued and respected as an exceptional individual, in order to increase her self-esteem and her feeling of personal worth. Resists mediocrity and sets herself high standards."

Hmmmm ... Take it for yourself and see. Emotionally inhibited and self-restrained? I wish.

Now, aren't you glad I wasn't glib?

1 comment:

Lee said...

Fung Shoe-eee indeed. My desk hasn't been the same since.