Live from Texas


Hey y'all,

I'm writing from beautiful, humid Austin, Texas. The air is already hot here, but I've had a ball cruising the town. Lunch at the new Whole Foods Market today was amazing.

Before I forget, I've been keeping a small photo journal of my trip on my camera phone. Here is the first installment, and I really didn't have to look far to see it. I call it "You know you're in Texas when..."


The last week has been a good one, though it was hard to sit still at work for more than five minutes, knowing I'd soon be in the great state of Texas with one of my favorite people: my little sis. Before heading here, I had the opportunity to hit a Rob Thomas concert (touring with Anna Nalick) and it was really quite fun. My 2-year-old nephew is taking off with his mother for two weeks, and I didn't get to say goodbye first. Sighhhh. But he won't soon forget about me and the phrase I told him to say whenever possible: "Word to your mothuh."

Tonight it's chillin' with some family friends for a little "Desparate Housewives" and Italian cusine. Vacation is a hard thing to endure, but someone has to do it.

2 comments:

pinkfem said...

Don't go down to 6th Street without some friends.....

girlfriday said...

Boot remover. I gotta get me one of those.

Word.