If you can't be clever or thoughtful on your own...

...then have others do it for you. So says my motto for days like this, when it seems no original thought of any gravity exists in my brain. Thus I have put together a short list of some of my favorite posts from the people I link to (plus a couple others). Each sentence below is a sneak preview of the corresponding post. Just click on the one you want and enjoy!

The rest will think twice before suggesting a friendly game...of serious tennis.

And I would never categorize a song about two women, Marianne and Wanda, "both members of the 4H club, both active in the FFA" who poison Wanda's abusive husband with black-eyed peas, as "redneck."

They are building houses now in the foothills and the sun, when it is setting in a sky of clear blue-- which in turn is being enveloped in black rain clouds-- reflects in the vaulted windows of those houses.

Although they were probably standard issue for any street gang during the Eighties, I don't think anybody has actually bought one in the last ten years. The printed invoice even said: "Thank you for your purchase - welcome to 1987."

The ideal women of literature are Beatrice and Elizabeth Bennett.

I think that the misconception, at least that I’ve held for a while, is that we’re freer in every sense until marriage.

As if I needed another mindless timewaster in my life, a friend pointed me to this website.

3 comments:

girlfriday said...

It's a good tactic. I'll steal it from you some time.

girlfriday said...

PS: Why doesn't Lee update? That is some funny stuff.

Lois E. Lane said...

I (annoyingly) ask him the same question practically every day. Maybe if enough of us harass him...