Vomit

No, this isn't about bodily functions. That's just the word my friend uses to express various levels of disappointment. I thought this warranted a "vomit."

"Grey's Anatomy" nominated for Emmy's best drama series, "Lost" is not. Riddle me that, Batman. Not only was "Lost" a big winner last year, it's a superior show to almost any on television. In all fairness, I've seen "Grey's" only once ... and that was enough. It was the season finale, and though I didn't know much about any of the characters or storylines, I accurately predicted the entire show. To me, that's not what I would call the mark of a great show.

I've never predicted the entire plot of a "Lost" episode. That's just one of the things that makes it so good. Other reasons include a fantastic cast and intelligent, layered writing that always surprises. Even though I missed most of the first season when it first aired, "Lost" still had the power to suck me in. And yet, despite it's graphic-sexuality-with-good-looking-yet-complex-characters draw, "Grey's" could not.

Again this year it was no surprise "Gilmore Girls" was overlooked. Is this is the WB curse? Or is there some secret conspiracy to ignore one of the smartest, funniest and warmest shows in years? Lauren Graham, not to mention the writers, should already have at least two statues.

It's not the Emmys I'm annoyed about -- afterall, this is the same outfit that gave "Everybody Loves Raymond" a trophy for its lackluster farewell season and completely ignored "Friends" the year it went out. I don't put any real stock into these types of awards. I'll just get sick of hearing freakin' "Emmy Award-winning 'Grey's Anatomy' " every time I turn the channel to ABC.

3 comments:

Everyday Anne said...

I would like to express a moment of silence in honor of "Lost" ..........................................................................................

In the end the truth will set you free...

Lois E. Lane said...

Amen, sister.

Lois E. Lane said...

What if I don't want a bite? I didn't totally dismiss "Grey's." I watched what should arguably have been the best show of the season: the finale. And it didn't wow me. I gave it a shot. There are not many shows I like that I had to push through past one episode. Not even a cliffhanger ending made me want to watch this show again. I'm sure it's not awful, but it seems fairly unoriginal ... and it is extremely sexual. Anyway, that's just one "Lost" fan's opinion...