Thoughtless


Well not literally, but I do seem lacking in the energy and cleverness departments, which supply my writing. So I'll instead leave you with some of the great thoughts, as communicated by Mr. Clive Staples Lewis...

"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad."

"Reality, in fact, is always something you couldn't have guessed. That's one of the reasons I believe Christianity. It's a religion you couldn't have guessed."

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket -- safe, dark, motionless, airless -- it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.”

“Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.”

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

2 comments:

Queenheroical said...

fabulous quotes ... I like quotes ... you might have guessed.

Right now I am enamoured with the egg quote.

Thank you for sharing.

-Krina

girlfriday said...

It's incredible how many times I can read what he wrote and still be moved by it.