Always a good read

I ran out of time today to write the post I've been composing in my head this week; I'll try to get to it this weekend. But in the interest of not completely neglecting my posting duties on this fine Friday, I'll share what I recently found out is my Mother's favorite scripture (and it's a whopper)...

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great mercies we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."
{Lamentations 3:19 – 26}

2 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This is in the list of my top five verses that I love. My favorite old hymn is "Great is Thy Faithfulness," which appears to have been inpired by this scripture passage.

Queenheroical said...

I have carried around the section "The Lord is my portion ..." but hadn't read it in context for awhile ...

now I have even more reason to love the words.

Thank you and thanks to your mom.

Krina