My first baby shower

This last weekend, Superman and I traveled to his neck of the woods to visit "the fam." My thoughtful mother-in-law threw me a delightful baby shower -- the first I've ever attended in my honor! Though it was difficult to restrain my competitive prowess (no respectable woman in my family leaves a shower without game-winning spoils), so as not to horde all the baby gifts AND prizes, the evening was very pleasant. Mother Superman left no traditional stone unturned, and I love her for it.

UPDATE: "Like a Piece of Meat" -- Desperate tight-pink-shirted woman has downgraded, not to a short shirt or outerwear sports bra, but to a white top that she ties/tucks INTO what is quite obviously NOT a sports bra. There is some phrasing on it that I can't quite make out because of the, um, stretching (ahem). So ya. That's my new view from the back-row bicycles.

2 comments:

"Molly McGee" said...

I can't believe I'm looking at a picture of your baby shower. Just doesn't seem real.

Lois E. Lane said...

Tell me about it.