Just for "kicks"


It's seems a little narrow-minded to describe in-utero baby movements simply as "kicks," when it's clear there's a lot more going on in there. So from my pregnancy experience in the last couple months, I've put together a list of baby moves -- as I see/feel them. My little bean has a lot of restless energy:

• The classic soccer kick
• The conga line
• The morning calisthenics
• The bend-and-snap (think "Legally Blond")
• The Chorus Line high kick
• The Cowardly Lion fisticuffs threat ("Put 'em up, put 'em up")
• The rolling-down-a-hill simulation
• The drum roll

These moves and more have earned my child the nickname "Restless Energy Baby" by his/her Marmee. No doubt I will be adding more to the repertoire as the big day draws closer.

6 comments:

girlfriday said...

that picture is so creepy. I can't look at it.

"Molly McGee" said...

You're weird, gf, I love that pic, but can never totally believe the validity of it.

I love this post! So maybe the baby's nickname should be REB? Wait, what was Sirius' brother's name whose initials were on the locket? R_B ???

elphaba said...

Just wait until little David Beckham gets into his "final" resting place and just repeatedly kicks you in the same spot. I had to give Douglas a little spanking when he finally arrived just for all the kicks he got in

Deirdre said...

wow that is one surreal photo! wow.

Everyday Anne said...

Great kicking names! And that picture is something else! Where did you find it?

Kris & Leah said...

I love the bend-and-snap. How do you think I ever got Kris's attention?