The 7 things meme

Queen Heroical tagged me for this, so here we go...

First, the Rules: People who are tagged start by thinking about 7 random facts/habits about themselves. Each player then must write about those seven things on their blog, as well as include these rules. Players then need to choose 7 people to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave each person a comment telling them they’ve been tagged.

1. I have a difficult time saying anything or anyone is ugly -- not because I have some keen eye for beauty, but because it takes a lot for me to think something/someone is wholly unattractive.

2. I was born boy-crazy, and all those years of boy-chasing finally paid off in college when I landed the big one. The fact that I've never been pursued by any guy carries its fair share of insecurity. But the fact that I set my sights on the man of my dreams and married him says a little about my tenacity, I like to think. Oh, and I'm only crazy about one boy now!

3. Sometimes it's hard for me to read the Bible for extended periods of time because I have ADD due to HCRS (Hyper Cross-Referencing Syndrome). It's literally a struggle for me, which is why I LOVE devotionals that have entire passages baked right in.

4. I have zero tolerance for bullies -- bullying is one of the most despicable things. In addition I (unfairly) judge people by their driving skills. Also, I have no problem with people discussing their personal struggles, but I become very impatient when it turns to whining or complaining (there IS a difference).

5. If I leave the house without pearl studs in my ears or a watch on my wrist, I will feel practically naked. In all the truth I can't remember the last time I even took my faux pearls out!

6. Make-up is a drag to me, so I rarely wear a stitch. Then of course it's all the more affirming (insert sarcasm here) when the one time you wear make-up in a month, people comment on how pretty you look. Sheesh!

7. When I was young, I dreamed of always living with my brother -- just like Matthew and Marilla in "Anne of Green Gables." This would crack him up to read, but probably wouldn't surprise him; he knows he's one of my all-time favorite people. Afterall, he set the standard for me in finding a good husband, which I'm happy to say my very own Superman passed with flying colors. (Get it? Flying colors ... Superman ... Is this thing on?)

I will now tag Girlfriday, Amila Rate Ibid, An Everyday Anne, Serinekat, Lone Prairie, Living in His Mercy and Duregger.

9 comments:

Everyday Anne said...

Thanks for tagging me. I did mine already :)

Queenheroical said...

That was great, thanks for playing along.

For the record, I never knew there was a name for it but I think I suffer from HCRS (Hyper Cross-Referencing Syndrome) as well. Glad to know there is a support system out here.

That was Super ... get it ... see ... the mic was on ...

Krina

SerineKat said...

I did my seven... you torture queen.

Julie said...

My 7 are out on the web. In their glory.

Anonymous said...

In many ways you are a female version of this third born. I too have HCRS and I feel naked w/o my watch--also without my cell phone now. I was not, however, girl crazy from birth as you were boy crazy. I do agree you married superman, or someone pretty close.

Lois E. Lane said...

Thank you, Master Third-Born :) XOXO

"Molly McGee" said...

Lame. People are always doing these on myspace and I'm never tagged. Now my own sister does it and she tags our other sister and not me. See if I ever read your blog again.

Lois E. Lane said...

Um ... texas? You don't have a blog. So this is "moo."

Posh Mama said...

I already did one too, but I will post a link to it so you can read it!! Thanks for the tag!