Man crush


I'm sure I've been over this before, but it is entirely possible for a woman to have the same kind of "man crush" that a guy does. A man crush can be defined as a completely platonic admiration for another dude. As in, my husband has a man crush on almost anyone who's played for the Husky basketball team. Or my happily married straight brother has a man crush on The Sports Guy. You get the idea.

So in my case, wouldn't this be called a "woman crush," you ask? No. Because my man crush is in fact a man. Confused yet? A girl's man crush can be defined as the kind of admiration for a man that makes you wish he were your uncle. As in, I have a man crush on Bono -- am not particularly attracted to him physically, but can't think of anything cooler than if he were my uncle. Any clearer?

What about you -- who's your man crush? Or woman crush for that matter?

7 comments:

Everyday Anne said...

I love this idea! Who is my man crush? I'm going to have to think this one through.

Queenheroical said...

Hmmm .... tough .... I think I have a man and a woman crush:

Robert Redford (because he looks like my dad - in the eyes)

Madeleine L'Engle: She has become my mentor as of late, I would like her to be my Aunt or Grandmother or teacher

That was fun, thanks.

--Krina

"Molly McGee" said...

I want Robert Osbourne to be my grandfather.

I want Bing Crosby to be alive and be friends with my grandfather.

I want Tim Gunn to be my uncle.

I want Catherine Keener to be my aunt.

Not that I've put much thought into this.

SerineKat said...

Chris Hansen... he could come over on Saturdays for BBQ and to catch predators. What fun!

girlfriday said...

Jake.

Lois E. Lane said...

Well, obviously.

Posh Mama said...

First time here, and already something fun! Ok, Man Crush, there are two, one is an actual crush, which hubby thinks is funny, David Boreanaz, and I would like Sean Connery to be my grandfather, LOVE the accent! And woman crush I want Bette Midler to be my aunt so I could listen to her sing all day long!