Weekend notes, etc.

Saturday night: I wonder at the logistics of adding another boy to my family's mix. Perhaps I should be hoping for a girl when the time comes?

Sunday morning: I'm reminded of the picture of Jesus as a protective hen, Who had longed to gather a resisting Jerusalem close.

Sunday afternoon: I can't believe the Seahawks don't use either of their timeouts with 1:40 left in the tied game. It's not over yet, guys!

Sunday night: Congratulations to Terry O'Quinn! And that's the last the Emmys will see of "LOST" if it keeps premiering in January.

Monday morning: Am happy to see Denelian is back online. Here's to many brilliant posts yet to come!

Monday night: I learn from my little W that the best way to scare off a threatening buffalo is to throw a tunnel at it...and I can think of little else but my family...

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.  Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one."
~ Jane Howard

"The family -- that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to." 
~ Dodie Smith

"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life -- to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories."
~ George Eliot

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family."
~ Anthony Brandt

No comments: