The new fall season continued

Well, I managed to get a few more shows under my belt. There's some interesting new stuff out there! Definitely the most diverse crop of debuts in recent memory (at least for me). Here's what I've been able to check out...


"Pushing Daisies" -- One of the shows with the biggest buzz this season, and for good reason. It's a visual dessert and a true original. Just enough of a balance between wonder and reality. (Note: Despite its storybook atmosphere, this is not a show for kids.)


"Aliens in America" -- A little CW gem that's about neither space aliens nor illegal aliens. It's about a family, and it's got a lot of heart with a healthy dose of humor. But again, not a show youngsters should watch alone (it's so nice to see Scott Patterson on TV again!).


"Cavemen" -- What can I say? I laughed. There's no telling how long this gag will stay funny and/or clever, but the writing was surprisingly sharp, even stinging. The lead characters are quirky and interesting, so I'll probably tune in again to see where it goes.


"Carpoolers" -- Again, I laughed. It was shallow, it was predictable, but I laughed. It if were a food, it would be cotton candy, whispy yet yummy and dissolves immediately (meaning you probably won't talk about it around the water cooler). Yet, I laughed.


"Moonlight" -- I give CBS kudos for launching a vampire show when the genre is not really en vogue, but I probably won't watch again. It wasn't bad; it kept my interest for an hour. But the writing, as well as the storyline, was a tad on the predictable side. We'll see.

UPDATE: Missed the second "Chuck," but "Back to You" was funny once again. And "Life" is still an intriguing treat (I didn't want the episode to end when it did, so I think that's a good sign). So nice to have "30 Rock" back on the roster! And this week's "The Office" was MUCH funnier than the premiere last week. How cute are Pam and Jim?!

2 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Just wanted to let you know I've got my "Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style" recipe exchange post up.

Stop by and join in the fun! :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

My favs are Chuck, The Journeyman, and The Offce.