This day in history:

~ I awoke to sunshine and a slightly crisp breeze

~ I felt relaxed for the first time in a week

~ I rode in a limo with some of my favorite women in the world

~ I walked down an aisle, toward my future, and smiled ... from ear to ear

~ I shared a kiss and a dance for the first time as a wife

~ I was overcome by a dreamy atmosphere of love and celebration

~ I barely had time for a bite to eat

~ I listened to my sisters' heartfelt odes and my brother's sweet serenade

~ I tried to imagine feeling a stronger bond of love than at that very moment, but failed...

it is much better than my young bride's imagination could have conceived. "Wedded bliss" is a myth, depending on your definition. It is not all sunshine and lollipops. It's partly cloudy and sweet nothings. All the sighs, the tears, the brick walls -- they collide with the gentle touches, the smiles, the knowing glances. Collide. Like we did. Like we do every day. That's what makes us one.

5 comments:

Everyday Anne said...

What a lovely post, my dear. Happy Anniversary!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Well, Mrs. Lane (?) that is pretty darn beautiful. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Oh, happy anniversary to you. From your other posts, it's obvious that you married a dreamboat. Hope your day has been romantic and happy!

girlfriday said...

Oh, sniff. This is priceless and I didn't even wish you Happy Anniversary! I love you and him so much. I'm so glad you're together, and I can't say that enough.

"Molly McGee" said...

Wow, I just read this. I ditto girlfriday's sentiments. And I also have such fond memories of that beautiful day in October