Four years ago right now

I sat in a warm apartment having my hair done by Superman's very accommodating cousin, looking out a huge sliding glass door at one of the best views in the city. I was calm and happy. All the night-before worries and last-minute stresses had dissolved into my tears when I went to bed. This is what it had all come to -- not just six months of planning and anticipating, but more than 20 years of dreaming about and praying for the man I would marry. It wasn't a perfect day by any means, at least not technically so. Flowers were forgotten, pastries were pillaged. But the glow of love from family and friends created its own brand of perfection. And, of course, the perfectly wonderful man that danced with me four years ago tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I got to walk you down the aisle. What a blessing, my lovely daughter.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know my memory is bad. Where was that picture taken? It looks like the BSU campus, but that can't be. And I just remembered that you were born in an election year, got married in an election year, and you had your first baby in an election year. Oh, and tell Superman I get a kick out of his sports column.

Everyday Anne said...

Happy Anniversary (a couple days late)!! Marriage really is bliss.

elphaba said...

Congrats!!! ......and then there were three.

Posh Mama said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary! Hope it was a good one, lots of romance ;)