Returning

I meant to post last night, the internet was down at our house most of the night. Today, more than deep intellectual thoughts, I'm thinking about God and blessings. Particularly the lyrics to the Newsboys song, "Devotion": "All my world / all I've lost / the wrecks I've made here / the lives it cost / Your hand restores / Your works make whole / with all my soul / I thank You, I owe You all my / devotion ... all my past / my tainted main / You stole its legacy / of pride and shame / You're all I love / You're all I fear / I'm drawing near / to face You / to know You ... You found me / in a shallow grave / You tracked me out from beneath it all / You healed me, saved me / in the nick of time, Your perfect time ... / I devote all I have to You / devote all that You've made new / all You restored that day You bled / all that You brought back from the dead ... my Lord, my devotion"

I also had coffee with a Betty (no time to explain now) last night, and it was so pleasant just to share mutual feelings or insecurities, then encourage each other. I got to come home, do a little jump-roping, watch a little "Seinfeld," and dive into a brand new book ("My Scrumptious Scottish Dumplings"), which is already a hoot despite the fact that the main character is at least six or seven years younger than I :) So the whole night just got me thinkin' ... it's really a pretty good gig we've got goin' on.

No comments: