Quelled inspiration

I've been a bad blogger lately, and deserve the harshest punishment for delinquent bloggers. It just feels like my writing inspiration has been a little zapped lately, and one of the reasons must be that I can't stop thinking about my parents' permanent split.

Since the summer, anger and sadness have come in sporadic waves, slowly subsiding to puddles at present. But the emotion is still raw when I tap into it.

As much as I love Thanksgiving and Christmas (and I do, as evidenced by the Christmas music already on my iTunes at work), I think this melancholy is tied to the dread of it no longer being necessary for my parents to be in the same room on a holiday. It scares me that things like this can happen to two great, God-fearing people who are also great parents.

I don't hate my mom and dad, but I can hate what happened. I love them, and it's important to recognize their humanity in all of this.

All of this to say, it's hard for me to focus at times, but I will keep trying. There is so much in this world to observe and attempt to record in a clever way :) And besides, Rory and Lorelai reunited last night, so all is right with the world . . .

3 comments:

Ibid said...

Joy joy,

just wanted to say I love you!

kt

girlfriday said...

It's strange how someone can be right under your nose and you still can't sense what the real story is.

"There is no pit so deep that He is not deeper still."

xoxo

Everyday Anne said...

I want to respond but know not how. With what words? I think Ibid got it right.