You've fooled me for the last time, Paris Hilton!

About a week and a half ago, I tuned into whatever radio station "the kids" are listening to these days (most likely something with the words "kiss" or "hot" or "skanky" in the title and call letters). I heard a catchy little chorus about the gods and stars and love and so on. It reminded me of the chillin' hook in Blondie's "The Tide is High." I kinda dug it.

The other day, the news hit me like a ton of bricks: This is the new single by Paril Hilton, "Stars Are Blind." Doh!

The goods news is, I had only told my husband about the mystery song that struck my fancy. The bad news is -- do I even need to say it? -- IT'S PARIS HILTON. Yes, each verse's rhymes are utterly corny and predictable, and yes, her voice probably had a lot of "help" in the studio. But I am ashamed to say it's a fun summer tune.

Wow...that hurt even more than I thought it would.

I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!

2 comments:

girlfriday said...

I don't even know where to begin.

Does being Paris Hilton entitle you to believe that you are capable of attempting a musical career.

Then I snicker inwardly. Musical.

Then Iwonder if I've heard the song. Did I like it? The humanity!

SerineKat said...

You are soooo gay.