Die-hard? No. Smarter than a hammer? Yes


I have watched only one episode of "American Idol" this season, and that was because my mother-in-law was in town and she never misses it. In the past I have been a bit of a fan because I like listening to good music, plain and simple. I can take or leave all the hyped-up junk that comes with it. Be that as it may, I could not bring myself to watch yet another season of the show, which more often than not gets it wrong (actually, the voters get it wrong but "American Idol" is the vehicle for their poor judgment and my frustration).

Even after one show, I'm keen enough to know the wrong guy with weird hair got booted last night.

No, I'm not going to say the name of the androgynous-looking, vocal chops-deficient boy who didn't even make it into the bottom three ... he is EVERYWHERE right now. Which is probably why people can't stop voting for him, however undeserving. But the one time I saw Chris Sligh perform, I liked him. He reminded me of a lot of the talented guys I sang with in high school choir. Plus, he covered D.C. Talk once and that didn't hurt my soft spot for him.

Anyway, in the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that." And with any luck -- knock on wood -- there'll be no cause for me to muck up my personal plot of cyberspace again with "AI" nonsense.

No comments: