My week last week

I rarely (if ever) post my own photos on this blog, but I'd like to start trying. I've titled this first one: "A Site for Sore Eyes" (taken last Sunday night at our place).


And then came Monday...we arrived home from work only to discover that our tree had fallen over. We lost a few inconsequential ball ornaments to shattering, but there was one cookie-like ornament that suffered the most. It was originally bell-shaped and I, in my childish obsession with multicolored EVERYTHING, painted it to the point of ugliness. But it was my creation, and so it was special. I call this photo "Casualty."


And last, but the opposite of least, was my nephew's/godson's first birthday. I was at the hospital when he was born, and have had the pleasure of watching him grow cuter, as we only live a few minutes away from him and his family. Sweet B.J. devoured his chocolate cake. I titled this photo: "Evidence of Chocolate."

6 comments:

"Molly McGee" said...

Ooohh, sad, I remember that ornament!

That pic of Superman in your apartment makes me wish I were there right now! So cozy! Can't wait to see you guys!

girlfriday said...

It IS a sight for these sore eyes.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I'd say you have a future in photography. Keep 'em coming.

Everyday Anne said...

Pooooor little bell ornament. Nice pics! :)

melissa said...

I see you've also trained your husband to not put his mug on top of your Victoria magazine, eh?!!

And my sweetheart lies on the floor in exactly the same way as yours. How do they do that without making their necks sore? I've wondered that over and over, only to ask and get 'the look'!!!

Missy said...

I was going to say the exact same thing about the husband neck-crick-pose. How do they DO that?